Thrill of Falling
A stunning collection of stories from one of New Zealand's favourite authors.
* A young woman utters her favourite mantras to take on the world.
* An old woman lives like a diva, re-enacting Casablanca.
* In a rewrite of a play, a singer becomes a rock chick in London.
* Moby Dick is reincarnated as an iceberg.
* Darwin's giant tortoises on the Galapagos Islands are re-encountered.
* A young man adds a twist to his intriguing heritage.
In this richly imaginative and compelling collection of longer stories, Witi Ihimaera makes a playful and delightfully unique nod to influences from the past. Ranging across an intriguing and innovative variety of styles, subjects and settings, they defy the expected to reaffirm Ihimaera as one of New Zealand's finest technicians and storytellers.